Wednesday, October 6, 2010

September 12, 2010

In his first Corinthian letter the Apostle Paul makes the statement, “I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.” The Temple Lot Local has had many pastors over the years; some served long years, others but a few. I am inspired by the examples of those who have served before me and each one has had an influence on the congregation. Each built on the foundation that was established by our Savior when he organized the Church, and each “watered” with his own ability, but it is always our God who “gave the increase.” When a servant of God strives to serve his congregation with an eye single to the will of the Lord, we see great increase. History shows much growth in our Local, not just in numbers but in the spiritual maturity of the body. I pray that we can continue that trend and to that end I would like to dedicate this year to an increased spiritual awareness and knowledge of God’s holy word.

I am humbled that you have chosen me as your pastor for the coming year and my only desire is to accomplish God’s will in this capacity. I would request your prayers and patience with me as I “water”, that God may give the “increase.”

Your servant Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment