Sunday, February 6, 2011

December 26, 2010

But in the gift of his Son, hath God prepared a more excellent way, and it is by faith that it hath been fulfilled. Ether 5:12

As I was sitting on the living room floor surrounded by mounds of wrapping paper and gifts lovingly given, I began to think of the many gifts that I have received in my life.  Around me was my precious loving family, now spanning three generations, sharing the comfort of a warm home and abundant dinner table. We’ve been blessed with good health and sufficient prosperity. More wonderful is the gift of faith that we share as a family.

All these gifts were made possible by that miraculous birth that we celebrate this season. The chain of events that unfolded encompassed the extremes of pain and sorrow, wonder and joy. The world was forever transformed by that babe who grew to manhood and taught the world “a more excellent way”, that we might walk by faith to fulfill his promise of abundant life, both now and in that eternal world.

No comments:

Post a Comment