Saturday, February 26, 2011

February 27, 2011

Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. Psa 61:1-3

The ground was covered with snow this morning, crusted over from the freezing rain. As I looked out the back window I saw a young doe huddled under a large cedar.  Immediately it entered into my mind the hymn, “A Shelter in the Time of Storm.”


Often we feel overwhelmed by the storms of anxiety, frustration or offense.  We want to correct the situation but on our own are helpless.  We’re instructed to go in prayer to Jesus the Rock, for He is our strong and mighty tower, our sure defense, our shelter.

Your servant,
Dan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment