Sunday, February 6, 2011

January 9, 2011

My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. II Corinthians 12:9

The Apostle Paul repeatedly approached the Lord for relief from “a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me.” In Galatians he referred to this affliction as a temptation in his flesh. Although he was blessed in many ways, Paul was not relieved of this burden, but was told that through endurance comes strength from the Lord.

Moroni was told by the Lord, “I give unto men weakness, that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.” We suffer trials in this life to remind us to be humble and wholly dependent upon the Lord.  As David said, “I Will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.”

No comments:

Post a Comment